Chances are, you’ll be wanting to send invoices to your clients as soon as you create your account. Before we get started however, let’s review the two types of invoices that you can send in CloudBooks:
1. one-time invoices
2. recurring invoices
A one-time invoice is exactly what it sounds like – an invoice that you create and send to your client once. Did you do work for a client and now it’s time to send them a bill? That’s a one-time invoice.
A recurring invoice is handy when you’re looking to bill your client more than once and in regular intervals. A common use for a recurring invoice is for services that are subscription-based (such as a monthly fee service) or when you have an invoice that you want your client to pay in installments.
To send a one-time invoice in your account:
1. Head to the “Invoices” tab
2. Click on the big, red“+ New Invoice” button
3. Choose your client (from the drop-down list)
4. Add the items or tasks that you’re billing for on the invoice
5. Optional Steps:
- Customize your invoice number (populates automatically but can be changed)
- Change the Date of Issue (automatically set to the present day but can be changed to past/future dates)
6 .Send the invoice by Email or by Snail Mail (aka regular post). You can also save your invoice as a Draft if you need to come back to it later and make edits